La localidad que vio nacer al navegante Juan Sebastián Elkano

House number 16 de of Kale Nagusia

An inscription engraved above the entry reports that this building was reconstructed in 1842, soon after the end of the civil war called 1st “Carlist” War (1839). The carlist army had besieged and destroyed the city, specially this street, so as to terrify Getarian population. However, this building’s ground floor still shows the signs of its past splendor, as many others in this town. These remains shall become the foundations of a new Getaria.