Here stood in the past the lodging house and home of Francisco de Estella. From the early 16th century, this active businessman exploited fisheries in Malkorbe Bay, in association with the lord of the Zarauz Palace, and introduced new kinds of nets. These provided larger amounts of fish to salting factories, which he also invested in. His grandson, Francisco de Arpa “the Young”, carried on those affairs until the beginning of the 17th century. In 1639, a group of divers lodge in the house. They recovered the artillery of the Spanish galleons destroyed in 1638 by a French squadron, who still couldn’t take the port of Getaria.